Our new Hallelujah Hustle Race Director this year is Johanna Serna. We welcome Johanna as she fills the position formerly held by Rob and Alisha Cunningham. Johanna works at Wisconsin Academy as assistant to the Business Manager, and is wife of the Men’s Dean, Enrique. Johanna is excited about the upcoming race to be held at Camp Wakonda June 14 and said, “I ask that you keep the Hustle in your prayers as I attempt to do as fine a job as Rob and Alisha have done the past few years.”
Pre-registration for the June 14 Hustle will open Sunday morning, March 29, at a discounted rate of:
– $15/child age 15 and under
Full price will begin May 3 at:
– $20/child age 15 and under
The proceeds will be split three ways, this year:
(1) Two summer camp scholarships to Camp Wakonda.
(2) 10% of all funds raised split between student financial assistance at Wisconsin Academy, and Koinz for Kids which helps elementary school
(3) the majority of our funds will go toward Primates, Incorporated, a monkey retirement facility just a few miles from the campgrounds. Primates, Incorporated has also offered to have a few “human primates” come and participate at our event as well (since it is too risky to bring the actual primates).
The Hallelujah Hustle is a 5k run/walk that was started in 2007 as a fun way to motivate people to get active and stay healthy. The Seventh-day Adventist Church has a long history of promoting healthy living, and the Hustle helps to encourage this each year at the Wisconsin Conference annual camp meeting. In the event of a camp meeting cancellation due to COVID-19, pre-registration refunds will be available upon request.