You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to help further our mission. If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our work and benefit in the coming year.
BENEFITS OF AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER
• Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization.
• Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
• Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
• Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
• Help further the work and mission of Wisconsin Conference.
HOW AN IRA CHARITABLE ROLLOVER GIFT WORKS
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to WI Conference.
2. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important ministry in Wisconsin.
3. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
4. Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us @ 920-484-6555. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
Bill Ochs, Planned Giving and Trust Services Director
*Information taken from Gift Legacy eNewsletter: General Conference of SDA, January 24, 2021