ACS Camp Meeting Activities
The Adventist Community Service, ACS, cabin at camp meeting is a busy place offering many classes, activities, drawings, and special projects throughout the week. Many of the activities are listed below, and more will be added later. Be sure and stop by the ACS cabin at camp meeting and see what all we have to offer.
1. Learn how to make a hand braided rug! We will learn all the steps to making a rug by making a smaller hot pad for a 9×12 casserole. Bring a couple pair of old jeans for this project.
2. Display boards. ACS leaders, bring a display board of the things you have going on for your community! We all enjoy the display in the cabin.
3. Join the daily drawing! Stop by the ACS cabin and register anytime.
4. Learn how to make a nine-patch quilt! Monday from 2:00 – 4:00 pm the nine-patch quilt will be demonstrated. Anyone is welcome to come and help sew up blocks to make a lap robe. We will also have other block patterns to work on.
5. Make a “found object” pincushion! Bring “found objects” like a teacup, little bowl, empty olive can, and join the fun. Watch for day and time.
6. Knitting/Crocheting class each morning at 9:00 am, Monday through Friday. Come and either make a stocking hat, granny squares for lap robes, or bring your own project. If anyone would like to make some ahead of time, we will be using a G hook and the Granny square needs to be 5″ square.
7. Stop by and pick up information about upcoming classes such as Crisis Care, and Donations Operations. A sign-up sheet will be available.
8. Each year we plan a community project to support. This year we will be collecting non-perishable foods and personal items for the Marquette County Food Bank. You may drop off your donations at the ACS cabin Sunday through Thursday 9:00 – 11:30 am, and 2:00 – 5:00 pm. The deadline is noon of Friday. We plan to deliver the items Friday afternoon. Click the button below for a list of items to donate.