||Go On An Adventure Together
Enjoy a thoroughly enriching experience in a distinctively Christ-centred environment. Through a gifted speaker, excellent food, special music, exciting programs for children and youth, and the warmth and closeness of fireside companionship, God will challenge and strengthen your family.
Far more than a great vacation, it is also your best value–where the extras don't cost extra! You'll enjoy just the right balance of free-time and optional planned events. All this in the beauty and peace of Camp Wakonda...where we are seeking to cater to your needs. Come for the highlight of your family's year!
1. Register early. You'll have more lodging options.
2. Take advantage of free morning child care at least once during
the week. Age-appropriate activities are planned for little ones
six and under. You'll be free to take that class or activity
you've always wanted to.
3. Bring something to share. There's a talent show during
the week to showcase your gifts and interests. You're also
welcome to play your instrument with the worship leaders
during many praise times.
4. Plan time together. With so many activities and classes to take part in at Camp Wakonda, it's easy
to spend much of the day doing things on your own. Plan to
ride horses together one afternoon, sign up for archery as a family unit on another day or raise the camp flag as a
family one morning!
5. Unplug. While you're welcome to bring electronic devices to use
in your cabin during Family Camp, cell phone reception is quite
spotty and the nearest WiFi is at the public library in Westfield.
Some families choose to make their Family Camp week a
"electronics-free" week to focus on quality time and the natural
6. Make Family Camp into a family reunion. Invite the relatives!
There's a wide variety of classes and activities plus plenty of
time for relaxing, catching up, or just goofing off!